Offsite Purchasing Agent – 2015 to Present
Brookfield Residential, Costa Mesa, CA.
- Support the Regional Director of Purchasing, Purchasing, and Development teams to manage offsite purchasing, meeting and exceeding company cost goals, on multiple projects. Provide support and guidance to other team members.
- Prepare and analyze Offsite and Land Development budgets for the residential housing development teams.
- Prepare and distribute bid packages, spread, and analyze bids for reviews with Development teams.
- Strong skills in negotiating contract costs with trades prior to awarding and contracting.
- Coordinate the preparation and processing of contracts, purchase orders, and variance purchase orders for Offsite trades with the Contract Administer.
- Coordinate scopes and schedules with Land and Housing teams to identify and prioritize upcoming scopes of work to be contracted.
- Maintain and update Offsite budgets and quarterly reports.
- Proficient at reading construction plans, civil, landscaping, precise grading, dry utility, and structural plans along with geotechnical reports and government agency standards.
- Efficient in on-screen take-offs for compiling accurate quantities to obtain efficient and cost-effective solutions to reach a common goal.
- Possess current updates on products and material market costs. Being able to value engineering for possible cost savings.
- A strong team member, always looking for the best level of communication.
- Develop and maintain strong vendor and trade relationships.
- Strong organizational skills and creative problem-solving.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Microsoft Excel, BlueBeam Revu software, Autodesk BIM 360, New Star Enterprise software.
Procurement Manager/Director & Yard Manager/Director – 1999 to 2015
Pyramid Builders/ Silverline Construction Gardena, CA
- Procure and Assign materials and equipment to maintain project schedules & budgets.
- Develop strategic programs and policies for Company’s material and equipment resource procurement and allocation.